Rehoming Redfooted Tortoise

redfootedflash

Location (City and/or State)
Indialantic, FL
We are rehoming a cute redfooted tortoise boy named Flash. He is about 5 years old and 8 inches long. We rescued him from an elderly woman going into assisted living, but we cannot care for him. He needs a loving home that knows how to care for tortoises like him. We have reptiles so know a little, but do not have room for him, and Flash needs some room!

https://ibb.co/Cn37Lkc

Please get in touch for more information. We are in Central FL, USA.

CentralFLTort

Lakeland, FL
I can take him off your hands and give him a good home! We have 4 Red Foots and they're about the same size, with a pretty good sized outdoor habitat that is heated when the temperatures dip too much. Not sure where in Central FL you are, but I'm in Lakeland.

Mr. RussianTortoise

NJ
We are rehoming a cute redfooted tortoise boy named Flash. He is about 5 years old and 8 inches long. We rescued him from an elderly woman going into assisted living, but we cannot care for him. He needs a loving home that knows how to care for tortoises like him. We have reptiles so know a little, but do not have room for him, and Flash needs some room!

https://ibb.co/Cn37Lkc

Please get in touch for more information. We are in Central FL, USA.
I would be careful for any new members they sometimes just want a tortoise so they can sell the tortoise

CentralFLTort

Lakeland, FL
I would be careful for any new members they sometimes just want a tortoise so they can sell the tortoise
I totally get that you feel the need to protect people from getting scammed on this forum, but I'm not that person. I'm 39 and retired already; I don't need to sell other people's personal pets to get by in life. That's horrible and just plain wrong! Just trying to give the guy a good home.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I totally get that you feel the need to protect people from getting scammed on this forum, but I'm not that person. I'm 39 and retired already; I don't need to sell other people's personal pets to get by in life. That's horrible and just plain wrong! Just trying to give the guy a good home.
You don't realize how common it is to have new members with no content. Or only previous content of trying to obtain other free tortoises, posting.
We warn people in general.
It's up to them to ask the right questions and do their own homework after we've warned them.
It's nothing personal.
Many of these probably work out great. But I'm sure you can appreciate that in general, we feel better about "known" members.

Mr. RussianTortoise

NJ
Im sorry if I had offended you

redfootedflash

Indialantic, FL
HI everyone, thanks for the concern. No need though, I am just looking for a new home for Flash, and I don't care if somebody else profits from the help as long as Flash will be safe and happy. Personally, I am not looking to sell anything. I just want a home for Flash.

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
HI everyone, thanks for the concern. No need though, I am just looking for a new home for Flash, and I don't care if somebody else profits from the help as long as Flash will be safe and happy. Personally, I am not looking to sell anything. I just want a home for Flash.

USUALLY when people "flip" tortoises, they do not care at ALL the conditions they go to (could be used for soup for all they care), they just take a free item and sell for money. That is what people are trying to warn you about...