Rehoming fee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Joliet,IL
Didn't mean for this post to get off topic,
My reason for asking for money is so he doesn't turn into turtle soup when he is bigger, not for a profit :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't think anyone thinks that, I am just saying personally I don't like the term re homing fee, but it is your aniaml so you are free to do as you wish.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
lisa127 said:
dmmj said:
Re homing, adoption fee, it is all the same IMHO just call it it what it is you are selling it, playing semantics like that is wrong. And believe me I am not against selling animal but call a spade a spade, and yes craigslist did have a lot to do with it. I call it playing lawyer ball, can't sell ok re homing, fee adoption fee sure it makes people feel better . Like in california the state passed a law saying tax increases had to be voted on by the people, so the legislature started calling them fees, it is all just wrong. Sorry rant over now.

I am also sorry snapper for going OT.

In your opinion. In my opinion selling means asking a price for something with the intention of making a profit. That is selling. Adopting an animal and paying an adoption fee is different altogether. Asking an adoption fee does not mean you are looking to make a profit. In fact in rescue, even with an adoption fee you have usually spent more on that animal than the adoption fee so there is not profit.

If God forbid I ever had to rehome one of my dogs, like hell would I say I was selling her/him. My dogs are living feeling beings who I love and respect too much to say I'm selling my dog. When a couple pays to adopt a human child, we don't call it selling.

Personally, I would never inquire on an animal for adoption and then inform the person I will not pay the adoption fee. I think that is rude.

Irrelevant to the definition. Selling at a loss is selling. Selling with a net profit is selling.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Snapper925 said:
Didn't mean for this post to get off topic,
My reason for asking for money is so he doesn't turn into turtle soup when he is bigger, not for a profit :D

I would be worried about that too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.