redfoot set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_salter

5 Year Member
Hi were in the process of getting a redfoot, im just doing his enclosure and have nearly finished, heres some pics just need some ideas as to what plants to put in there any advise?

GEDC0002.JPG
GEDC0015.JPG
GEDC0016.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

chadk

10 Year Member!
what is the substrate? Very nice custom job so far!

What will you put in the little hay feeder thing?

I think you'll need more\smaller hides and plants (fake or real).

what are you using for light? UVB? Heat? Humidity?

How old is the new tort?

e_salter

5 Year Member
im using a soil and bark substrate its keeping the humidity well... i have a basking light and need to get a uvb light 5.0

going to get some grasses and things for him to hide in, using the hay feeder for picked weeds to go in... dont have the little chap yet want to get his home right 1st... but he will prob be a baby,

o/t but how do you get pics to show on the thread rather then an attachment?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi e_salter:

692096ypgm6wo1yp.gif

to the forum!!

Take a look at this thread. It tells you how to post pictures in the body of the post:

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-5245.html

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Welcome to the forum! :D

That is one well-planned and expertly executed enclosure! You must be a highly skilled carpenter. :p

Make sure you get a lamp stand where you can raise or lower the bulb to adjust your temperatures as needed. :cool:

How exciting to be anticipating the arrival of a young Redfoot! Read as many threads as you can in the "Redfoot and Yellowfoot Friends", and good luck with the selection and delivery of your baby. ;)

jackiedots

5 Year Member
Dorset England
e_salter said:
383016487.jpg

383016488.jpg

383016490.jpg

THANK YOU X

Hi
I just answered your post on my thread and said it would be great to see some pics and then found yours!! Its a brilliant enclosure. I love the way you have incorporated the viv. We thought of doing that with ours but then decided to try to recoup some money by selling it as it was only used for 6 weeks !! I cant advise as I am a newbie too but my plants are pansies, campanula, spider plant and aloe vera but I do know you have to be sure the plants haven't been sprayed with chemicals before you got them. I know a lot of people grow their own from seeds which you can buy. I am sure someone will give you a link to a site that sells special tortoise food seeds. I am in the UK and I bought some which I am in the process of growing. Cant wait to see pics of your Redfoot in his/her new home.
Well done.
Jackie
xx

e_salter

5 Year Member
Thank you all for your comments and replies, still no redfoot as of yet hopefully we will be going tomorrow to get the little fellow, yey! iv made a few little changes to his home, moved thebathing dish, added a few more stones and a large paving type stone with a dragon on, which i will put his food on, need to readd the artificial plants and get some real plants too,

383077464.jpg
383077463.jpg

383077461.jpg
383077460.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.