Redfoot Ranch

Wendy Proulx

Location (City and/or State)
Chesapeake VA
Does anyone know about the Redfoot Ranch? I saw a number of excellent reviews and was in contact with the owner for a bit. I decided to purchase a Redfoot and a Cherry Head head from him, which we are planning to pick up. Now I have sent a number of emails with no response. He was going to show me pictures of the available Cherry Heads so we could pick one out. We are not planning to pick them up till next month, so I have a little time to figure the time and meeting place, but I am a little worried that I have not heard anything. He had mentioned in one email that July is a busy month, so maybe that’s the only hang up. Just anxious to see out new additions. Thank you

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
I think there may be Some negative stories on here, I think I remember reading some.
If you click on the search box and search it I’m sure it will bring up some posts.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I've seen a lot of negative stories about them too.

Turningstar

Florida
I tried contacting him about meeting for some sulcata hatchlings and never even got a response from him.

Not sure about his tortoise keeping practices, but thats just a bad way to run a business.

Wendy Proulx

Chesapeake VA
There are so many online breeders out there, I just want my next tortoise to come from somewhere better than my last. My yellow foot came from tortoisetown because I didn’t know any better. I was very lucky and he is very healthy. I liked the fact that I was able to pick them up from Redfoot Ranch so that they don’t need to be shipped. Augh, I don’t know what to do. I can request my money back thru PayPal and order them elsewhere, but where??? I am looking for a Redfoot and a Cherry Head Redfoot. Any help you all have would be appreciated.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Why not buy one from someone here on the forum? There's quite a few great breeders here

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Probably, make a post in the wanted section

Rob4923

Tampa Florida
He’s a nice guy. Done business with him several times. He had said he was going on vacation out of country. This might be when he is gone. He’s always very responsive.

Wendy Proulx

Chesapeake VA
I did hear back from him, and I am very excited to get my new torts from him. Very honest, and that is what is important. Now I just have to wait till beginning of Sept to go pick them up.

Spixii613

Annapolis, MD
I recently got a Cherry head RF from Bill he was great to work with. Shipped fast and safe as well. He does seem busy but the end product is great. I'm new here and will post my experience and new tort, with pics, and questions in a couple days....

Wendy Proulx

Chesapeake VA
I recently got a Cherry head RF from Bill he was great to work with. Shipped fast and safe as well. He does seem busy but the end product is great. I'm new here and will post my experience and new tort, with pics, and questions in a couple days....
I would love to see pics of your new baby. I have purchased a Cherry Head and a Redfoot from him that I am planning to pick up in Sept. can’t wait for my new additions. Their enclosure is all set and just waiting till our vacation to pick them up on the way home.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I bought two tortoises from him and have nothing but good things to say about the tortoises and all of my dealings with him before and after shipment....

Jamie

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
PXL_20210720_154519729.jpg
This is my girl, Darwin, from Redfoot Ranch... she'll be 3yo in a few days and is almost 3kg.

PXL_20210720_154814660.jpg

Given that it's tough during a lot of the year to maintain perfect conditions for a Redfoot here in New Hampshire, I think she's lovely.

PXL_20210720_154828021.jpg

I'd go through him again for tortoises, and hope you'll give him another shot....

Jamie