Redfoot not pooping

Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
Hi all,

I am worried that Tonks hasn’t really pooped in a week and a half, since June 11. She never poops in her enclosure anyway, but hasn’t been pooping at all during her soaks (which is typically when she normally poops) or when she walks around outside of her enclosure.

The backstory is we had to take her on a 6-hour drive with us, which I know wasn’t great but I felt like we shouldn’t leave her alone for five days (and it was a trip we had to go on) and couldn’t find someone who would be able to check in and feed her and such. She was definitely sick on both the drive there and back, seemed to empty out fully both there and back. Didn’t poop while we were away aside from the drives. I realize now I shouldn’t have taken her and I’m sorry I did but here we are now…

Since we’ve been back I’ve been soaking her pretty much every other day to try to get her to poop. She had one very watery poop but otherwise nothing at all. I feel so worried. Nothing else seems out of the norm really. She’s eating (what she wants to only but she’s always been picky) and moving around (not a ton but she never really has been a big mover since we’ve had her).

She also hates being soaked which has always been a major challenge considering it’s the only time she ever poops pretty much. She always tries to climb out the sides and only has moments of calm while she soaks, which is when she’ll typically poop. I brush her with a toothbrush, leave her alone, turn the water on to let it drip, turn it off and leave it quiet, turn the light off so it’s dark, turn it on… basically I try everything to make it a good space for her. So it’s hard, especially now since she’s not going. I did notice tonight it looked like she was trying to go but nothing happening.

I am very worried and not sure what to do!!! Any input is so so appreciated!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Put her in the bath tub and leave the light on and stay with her. Make her move around and leave her until she poops or at least an hour.
You can always take her on a car ride, they always poop on a car ride. She wasn't sick when she pooped on the ride, that's just what they do.
How big is she, what's her diet, what is the substrate, what are all the temps and humidity?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
A car ride is always a dramatic poop event for a tortoise.
I'm sure he's dehydrated like @wellington is suggesting. I'd soak just like she reccomend and I'd feed him some good REDFOOT ONLY watery fruit like watermelon,, or other melon. And just give him a few more days to recover