Redfoot breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tortoise Farm
I have a cherryhead female that is about 7 1/2in. and was mounted several times during summer. And I have a huge redfoot female that was mounted during summer also but no eggs. I dont understand. Does anyone know whats going on? Ive had them for almost a year. They both have a proper nesting sight just in case.

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
How long have you had them? It takes a while sometimes. Torts do things at their own pace,which is somewhat slower than ours. I have Northerns,not Brazilians. The smaller one may not be old enough to lay,or be fertile when she does. The smallest Northern I've personally had lay was about 9".

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Oh Ok. 9 in. Yeah maybe shes not big enough. She has been with a 13-14 in male and a 9-10in male. OH and a smaller male like 8 in.

I learned "PATIENCE" is important in the tortoise world lol:)

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Well i do all my tortoise forum stuff from my iphone... Have never actually been on the website.. Tortoise forum App. =best invention ever!

turtlelady80

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Farm
Oh ok. I have the iphone. I can try it. Im getting 2 more cherryheads on wed. I cant wait! YAY:) I also have a turtle tattoo lol. Its a half sleeve on my arm of a dark ocean scene with a big sea turtle. They are my favorite.

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
Ya download the tortoise forum
App..its so easy to use.. I want to
Get a cherry head sooo bad!! Ur luckyy

Turtle tats the way to
Go

Status
Not open for further replies.