Redfoot acting odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stev0623

5 Year Member
One of my bigger red foot females (roughly 8-10 in) has been acting differently as of late.

Shes acting sluggish, laying with her head on the ground. There isnt any gunk up her nose or anything like that. Her color is good and shes getting regular soaks. She lives outside in sunny FL. humidity around 70-80 during the day, temps around 80 during the day and in their night cage the temp is closer to 85.

Shes still eating plenty, last night she ate more than any other RF i own (7 others).

Any suggestion of what I could be looking at?

Kenny

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tempe, Az
I think that its been cooling down lately in Fl(correct me if I'm wrong).
some RFs get a little sluggish when the temps drop.
I'm also not sure if the higher night time temp is a good idea. maybe lower it a little bit (78* or so)
if shes eating regularly and there's no fluid coming out of anywhere I'm not sure anything can be done (outside a vet visit)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Stev0623 said:
One of my bigger red foot females (roughly 8-10 in) has been acting differently as of late.

Shes acting sluggish, laying with her head on the ground. There isnt any gunk up her nose or anything like that. Her color is good and shes getting regular soaks. She lives outside in sunny FL. humidity around 70-80 during the day, temps around 80 during the day and in their night cage the temp is closer to 85.

Shes still eating plenty, last night she ate more than any other RF i own (7 others).

Any suggestion of what I could be looking at?
If you pick her up, how strong does she resist? Does she fight having a leg pulled, etc.? If she is weak or limp, I'd see a vet.

Otherwise, I am afraid nothing is coming to mind- sorry!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Lethargy could be a result of a protozoan overload.

How long since she has had a fecal done or been to the vet?

Stev0623

5 Year Member
Shes still fighting if I pull her leg.

I took her to the Vet a few weekd ago and he did a fecal. Said everything was normal.

Im not sure what to make of it. Im sure its prlly nothing, but juat not sure. Anyone have any more ideas?

mikey meyer

5 Year Member
El Paso, TX
Yea my tourtoise is acting the same way and I hope it's just because of the temp. change.

Status
Not open for further replies.