Red Foot yawning??

Status
Not open for further replies.

klouise

5 Year Member
Have a 6 month old redfoot that "yawns" on occasion. He is eating fine and does not have any nasal or ocular discharge. I try to keep his temperature and humidity up the very best I can. Do red foots yawn? For example, I had him out for about 30 minutes and he yawned about twice. When in his cage, he seems to sleep a lot. Does this sound normal??

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Its normal they sleep eat sleep poop and sleep some more if the lighting is to bright they hide more or if temps are to high they hide but for the most part they are sleepers but misting them will make them be more on the move mine love the rain and the mister

RedfootsRule

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Miami, Florida
Haha, this is hilarious :). One of the funniest things in torts...Is their yawning! They yawn all the time, its natural. And a 6 month old will sleep a lot, they do up until 9 months/1 year usually.
I always tell the story of the time I was watching 5 hatchlings soak (my first) and one yawned...then another...then another, until they all had yawned. It was hilarious...and of course I joined them :).

Yes, its natural.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Mine is older and only yawns once in a while. But my sulcata yawns daily. Its cute to watch them yawn. Have you tried to get pics of them yet?

Mgridgaway

5 Year Member
Maryland
I think an in-focus, yawning tort is the Holy Grail of cute tortoise pictures. I've tried many times to get one and have been unsuccessful thus far. But man, as soon as I do, I'm sending that sucker to cuteoverload.

klouise

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the feedback!!! That really helps a lot. I tried getting pictures, but he yawns so quick that it's so easy to miss!! I will post one as soon as I get it!

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Never seen tiago yawn in 4 years but ive had tietà a year and she does it all the time haha

Status
Not open for further replies.