Red foot indoor housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlb1077

5 Year Member
Here is the new tortoise table we made this week. The torts really seem to be enjoying it! Any suggestions?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's really nice. Is that a hiding place under the far wall?

I like what you've done.

jlb1077

5 Year Member
Yes in the back left corner there is a whole for the hide. There is moss in there & humidity is a steady 80%. In the right front corner there is also moss with humidity @70%. It was hard to find flowers to go in there at this time of year. Managed to wrangle up a couple!

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
It looks great!
Can you tell me how you are maintaining high humidity?
Again, nice set up!

jlb1077

5 Year Member
Thanks. In the hide I have a large bowl with rocks & moss that I spray every am. Also in the front corner there is moss in the shade.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Nice! Some suggestions you can take or leave...

Replace the food dish with something flatter, like a margarine lid. I just used a 'plate' of folded newspaper I can toss after use.

Replace the water dish with something like a plant saucer that holds more water and is easier to get into from all sides.

Add more leafy plants for shade and hides

Create hides that they can 'snuggle' into or under and offer both dark and a sense of being well-hidden

Add a cover to help trap humidity and reduce heat loss. With this design, it can be as simple as a 'pyramid' of clear plastic and a pole in the middle. I would bet that the mistings won't last long, and that the heaters will be running a lot in colder weather. A cover helps with all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.