Red eared slider diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ1999

5 Year Member
My friend recently got a red eared slider and he claims it is a baby. He told me that it has been eating, but very little :(. I was wondering if anyone can help me give him tips about their diet or anything really.
Thanks a bunch,
Trinity

TJ1999

5 Year Member
DoubleR said:
Any knowledge of how big it is?

He said it was a bit bigger than a quarter and his water in room temperature bottled water

DoubleR

5 Year Member
We have ours in a filtered aquarium. They are really dirty critters and mess the water up really fast. Especially with no filtration. At that size it won't eat much. About the size of its head is the theory. Any idea WHAT it's being fed? That makes a difference also.

TJ1999

5 Year Member
DoubleR said:
We have ours in a filtered aquarium. They are really dirty critters and mess the water up really fast. Especially with no filtration. At that size it won't eat much. About the size of its head is the theory. Any idea WHAT it's being fed? That makes a difference also.

I believe he said Reptomin or something like that

DoubleR

5 Year Member
It needs to be hatchling size. Otherwise the pellets have to be broken up small.

TJ1999

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1378954212.987251.jpg do you guys this is a red eared slider?

Last edited by a moderator:

DoubleR

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1378954482.833417.jpg
Here's a photo of mine :) see the red? I'm not sure on the little photo you sent its hard for me to see it. Shell and head look right to me from what I can see. Others might be able to tell better.

Last edited by a moderator:

TJ1999

5 Year Member
DoubleR said:
Here's a photo of mine :) see the red? I'm not sure on the little photo you sent its hard for me to see it. Shell and head look right to me from what I can see. Others might be able to tell better.

Aw :) your's is adorable, I will talk to him about it thank you :)

Yours*

DoubleR

5 Year Member
Pretty cool little guy :) rescued it from a dog as a very small hatchling. Rehabbed it :) cranky little bugger but fun to watch :D

TJ1999

5 Year Member
DoubleR said:
Pretty cool little guy :) rescued it from a dog as a very small hatchling. Rehabbed it :) cranky little bugger but fun to watch :D

:)

DoubleR

5 Year Member
If you can, get a little more info and maybe a better picture.
Things that will help:
Food size, environment, heat or no heat, UVB bulbs (a must by the way), filtration.
Also they MUST have a way to get out f the water and sun themselves. The picture I posted is mine doing just that.
Hope this helps :)

DoubleR

5 Year Member
Aw Thanks! Big personality for sure :) the More aggressive of my two aquatic species. Grows like a weed!

Status
Not open for further replies.