Rebel without a cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
Whenever I come home from work the first thing I usually do is check up on my torts. My recently acquiried Star had blood all over her front feet and face. I quickly rushed her to the vet and in front of the vet, she walked all over the place, ate a little, she was perfectly fine accept for a very very very small cut over her left eye. I thought maybe she had some in grown infection that had made it's way out or something like that. She was 100% ok and the vet said that it's due to some injury and nothing else. So I came back home and I see that a nice strip of wood from her hut had been ripped out. Apparently she also climbs over the hut and jumps down at times according to my housekeeper. She also messes up her whole enclosure with food unlike my other Star. Last weekend I put both the Stars in my garden to graze and she just kept chasing my other Star all around the garden. So I got rid of the hut and replaced it with a shoe box just for now. Also soaked her in warm water to wash off the dry blood and now she looks good.
Do you'll also have Star tortoises this active or should I say rebelious?

samstar

5 Year Member
Stephanie Logan said:
I think it's nature's way of paying you back for your own teenage years.

Hahaha, why didn't I see this one comming. :cool:

samstar

5 Year Member
GBtortoises said:
Sounds more like male activity than a female. Or a female that is anxious to breed!

She's about 3 inches in length, a bit to young to mate correct?

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
I only have one word to say...Housekeeper???
(PLease, kidding)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nay said:
I only have one word to say...Housekeeper???
(PLease, kidding)

I totally didn't make that connection! I'm so jealous. Wish I had a housekeeper!

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
You took the tort to the vet for a very, very, very small cut over it's eye? How much did that cost you?

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
If my tortoise had blood all over his feet and face I would take him to the vet too...
It sounds like samstar didn't know it was a small cut until they were at the vet's office.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
ChiKat said:
If my tortoise had blood all over his feet and face I would take him to the vet too...
It sounds like samstar didn't know it was a small cut until they were at the vet's office.

It doesn't dawn on anybody to gently wash off the animal and see what kind of injury the tort has? You need a $100 vet visit to do that? Good Lord, how helpless are you people??

samstar

5 Year Member
Shelly said:
You took the tort to the vet for a very, very, very small cut over it's eye? How much did that cost you?

Costed me about US$30. I rather be safe than sorry. I would have paid US$100 if I had to or even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.