reason for concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnysd

5 Year Member
good morning all,
i just have a quick question. i have noticed that my sullie hasn't pooped in about 5 days. now this is tricky, because i work from 8-7. so every morning i would let him out of his house with a fresh batch of food, usually spring mix. it appears that he eats it, because it the evening some of it looks like its been eaten. plus he also has free roam of the yard to graze on the lawn. but i don't see any poop. i used to see them. should i be concerned and what can i do about this?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
It could be that he is eating it and thats why you don't see any. Try giving him a warm soak and see if that works in getting him to poop, but consider the fact that he may just be eating it..

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I agree w/ D'marcus. Is his mouth black at all? A little dark? Try giving him those WARM soaks every day or every other day and see if you can get him to poop.

M

Maggie Cummings

You've already been given good advice, but if he is too big for a warm soak try giving him some softened squash and see if that makes him poop. But I would agree he is probably bored and eating it...Provide some hay that makes the poop not quite as tasty...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
A sulcata's thought process Grass = food, plants = food, anything else I see = food

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
dmmj said:
A sulcata's thought process Grass = food, plants = food, anything else I see = food

That is my Sulcata's thought process 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.