Really concerned

Status
Not open for further replies.

vmills84

5 Year Member
Weda737 said:
Very cute, and that slate will get his nails down to a normal size too.

Are his nails too long then?

He still wont really eat :(

WinterRose

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Huntington Beach, CA
I would take him to a vet ASAP if for no other reason than to ease your mind. He is BEAUTIFUL!! Sounds like you're pretty attached already :)

vmills84

5 Year Member
Chainsawkitten said:
How's Reggie?

Hiya :) Reggie is doing good, daily soaks, the right substrate, correct heat and lighting etc seems to be doing wonders for some reason ;) Hes being stubborn with his food as I have changed it and hes not happy about it. Will have to retrace and slowly introduce new things I think. He sleeps quite a bit but when he comes out he stomps about like a bulldozer and is determined to get through the walls of his enclosure lol. Tomorrows job is to create a humid hide for him. Thanks for asking :D

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Have you tried chomping everything up really fine? Some members have had real good success with that..and some Mazuri..soaked in water..

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Chopping food will give it a stronger aroma, they can be stubborn about stuff anyway if it's not what they're used too. If he's otherwise healthy and not thin then I'd stick with some tough love and get him used to healthy foods. My opinion on the nails is they are too long, when that happens they can be painful and start to curve and break off. Yours is in no danger, but they do need some natural wear on them. Please don't take me wrong, I think you're doing great with your little guy. Oh, and if you do chop food, don't do it long term, he'll need some natural wear on that beak too. Better to prevent than to treat. These are just my thoughts on the matter, I'm no expert, only experience I have is with my sulcata, he's 2 years old and I've had him since he was tiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.