Radiated tortoise and Leopard tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

B K

5 Year Member
Benjamin said:
Why has nobody mentioned the fact that these species are critically endangered and being collected from the wild? This should not be condoned, period!
They ARE illegal, this trade IS going to cause the extinction of these species in the wild.
Don't purchase illegal animals.

I agree with Ben!!!!

Radiated Tortoise

5 Year Member
Radiated Tortoise said:
i will probably post some pics tmrw, cuz im going to the tortoise market in beijing, you can get any smuggled animal you want... its strange :D
I was amazed when i saw the ploughshare tortoise here, and how commonly they sell radiated torts at such cheap prices.
Here in China many people love reptiles they either provide amazing care or no care at all, you wouldnt find a single elongated, hermman, greek, or those other common torts, mainly stars and radiated torts and some ploughshare torts aswell.

How is it in the US?

I think it is harsh aswell, but this is what I read ssomewhere on te web, and hear.

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
B K said:
Benjamin said:
Why has nobody mentioned the fact that these species are critically endangered and being collected from the wild? This should not be condoned, period!
They ARE illegal, this trade IS going to cause the extinction of these species in the wild.

I agree with Ben!!!!

Me as well. It's terrible to take these animals from the wild just so somebody can have a new pet.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Radiated Tortoise said:
i agree with you all, but they are captive breed...i hope, if not then that would be terrible.

Probably not...do some homework and make your own decision, good luck with them.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
[/size][/b]
Benjamin said:
I agree!

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Radiated Tortoise said:
i agree with you all, but they are captive breed...i hope, if not then that would be terrible.

They are not captive bred! You mentioned more than once that they are smuggled. If you care about these animals, do not support the smugglers who are going to cause the extinction of the Malagasy species. Do you homework and do buy cb.
Leave the ploughshares alone!

Status
Not open for further replies.