R.I.P Shirley Temple

MzNENA

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Anyone else grow up watching her movies as a child?

Wishing you had this lovely child's bubbly & enthusiastic acting ability?

Dancing along with her in her movies as a child and wishing you could have those gorgeous curled blonde locks just as she had.

Shirley Temple, you touched the lives of many, young & old throughout your life. And you mended the hearts of so many throughout difficult times. You were inspiration to us all.
You've made your difference here, may you now rest in peace.
Your legacy nor memory will ever be forgotten.

1392187792352.jpg
1392187792352.jpg
1392187818894.jpg
1392187833456.jpg
1392187866105.jpg
1392187880471.jpg

Attachments

• 1392187805765.jpg
    1392187805765.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Love her...funny story; when my son was little little, he would go to sleep at 7:30-8:00 every night, I would lay with him and let him fall asleep then I would do the slip out of bed and he would remain, well, he would wake up to watch Late Nite and then Samurai Jack, like clock work...he would love it when I would put in the black/white Shirley Temple dvd and she would sing and dance and he would laugh and soundly fall back asleep...all of which he completely denies ever being part of now at 14 years old...lol...but she was part of out nights for many nights....thanks Shirley...

tortoisetime565

Oklahoma
I can't believe it! I thought she had died along time ago. :( but now she is really dead. I'm only 17, but I've seen some of her movies. That's so sad!!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I endured many teasings for watching Shirley Temple movies. I loved them and had a huge crush on her. Imagine how disappointed I was to find out she was actually many years older than me. I thought she was my age, lol.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was so shocked last night watching Entertainment Tonight when they made a slight mention of her passing. I had been watching the news for a couple of hours and it was never mentioned. She was an important person, not just for her movies, but she was later in politics and did many good works. I think its a shame the way the media ignored her passing. She died of natural causes and got barely a blurb. That other guy who recently died, o.d.'d on drugs two weeks ago and they're still making a big deal of his passing.

Thank you for all you did Mrs. Black. You will be missed!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It is sad that the good, clean, honest hardworking folks get less coverage then the troubled and troublemakers. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh, wow...and I just now heard that Sid Ceasar died too. He was in his 90's.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh yes, I loved her shows. I actually was thinking about her a couple weeks ago. I was wanting to watch one of her shows, but I can't ever find any. I'm hoping they will do a marathon of them soon as a tribute.