Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pueblo West
I have a new sulcata about 1 1/2 years from what I was told.....ok 1 st question do they get anxious from being moved from one home to another home he goes in his shell when I go near today ( today is the 1st day here) at the other place he was fine but also with other tortoises. He ate a little today but not an over abunance of food like I figured he should. Are all grasses safe to eat? I have some clumped grass almost weed grass in my front yard. Should I be getting mazura for him to eat?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, you need to give him time to adjust. Mazuri is good to add to his diet. Most feed twice a week.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Yes, they need time to adjust. Grasses are good, try to give veriety of kale, collard Greens, etc. Mazuri is good. Most torts love it. Make sure they get plenty of sunshine and keep him hydrated. If you talk before walking up to him, he will eventually recognize your voice, but it takes time. Just have patience..:)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Sulcatas do get upset when moved around. These guys like familiarity. When I struggled to adjust my sulcatas enclosure, I was placing them in one enclosure after another. They certainly did not like it. They would go into their hide and stay there all day if I let them. I've learned to let them be and just added things to their enclosure from time to time. Eventually, if their hide is in the same place, and the routine is the same, they'll come around and start eating and roaming. All the foods you are providing them is all good. Don't worry too much. :)

sueb4653 said:
I have a new sulcata about 1 1/2 years from what I was told.....ok 1 st question do they get anxious from being moved from one home to another home he goes in his shell when I go near today ( today is the 1st day here) at the other place he was fine but also with other tortoises. He ate a little today but not an over abunance of food like I figured he should. Are all grasses safe to eat? I have some clumped grass almost weed grass in my front yard. Should I be getting mazura for him to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.