Question, help- pretty please~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
I don't know about the strenght but what would concern me is that it would be hard to keep the humidity up. Another problem could be that some torts when the can see through their enclosure they will try to get through. What size tort do you have? A large Christmas tree or under bed storage container works well and price is way cheaper. A tortoise table made of wood can be beautiful if you go the extra mile, if looks are important to you. anyway thats just my thoughts.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I myself would think that is not suitable for a tortoise. I think a tortoise table would be much more effective. I know that Dale and Fernando climb and Fernando scratches a lot. He would tear that to pieces. :(

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
6' X 2.5' X 2.5' are excellent dimension for small to medium sized tortoises, but that plastic mesh won't last long...see if you can find someone to build you a wooden box of those dimensions out of naval-grade plywood...heavier, but it'd literally last forever.

And this would cost quite a bit less, as well, depending on who built it for you, as the wood, itself, would be under $100...and many hardware/lumber places will cut the wood to your exact size for little or (in some cases) nothing, so all you'd have to do is put it together w/ waterproof hardware glue and screws :cool:

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
My Tortoise would keep climbing that, i made a table out of 2 plastic storage tubes which i got from Staples for next to nothing they are a great way of holding humidity and I have one open and the other one closed with a opening cut into it

Status
Not open for further replies.