Question from a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

skuallpa

5 Year Member
Hello,

I just begin to work with tortoise. I have a Asus Eee Box that I used to save my code.

I have a directory in C:\ that is synchronize with my server. I wanted to copy this folder to make a backup in my documents.

However the copied folder seems still synchronize with server because there is still some flag image that overlay the image of my directory as you can see in the image below.

svn.jpg

After, I have discover the export function that is what I wanted to do ( so I have created a backup in folder BackUp20.07.2009).

Now I want to delete the folder "svn" that I have copied in my documents but I have fear that it will delete the original code on my server.

How can I do in order to "desynchronize" this folder before to delete it?

Thanks in advance for your help

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
Dang- I can't wait to see the replies to this!

M

Maggie Cummings

ha ha ha ...I was trying to think up something clever when i first read it this morning...but couldn't...

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
Sorry, I know torts, not computer system info.

Instead of posting on the "Greek" forum, perhaps you should try posting on the "Geek" forum. :D

Just kidding. Maybe someone on here more computer literate can help you out.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Skuallpa;

167025wwcbbqnzg9.gif

to the forum!!

I'll be happy to help you all I can with tortoise problems, however the computer stuff is way beyond my capabilities!! I know just enough to get by. Are you in Switzerland?

Yvonne

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Glad you all wrote before I thought this was some kind of a joke!! (no offense but it's all greek to me!!)

Chewbecca

5 Year Member
60 miles south of Chicago
Wow.
While reading that first post, I was WAITING for it to be about actual tortoises.
But it didn't take me long to figure out that there must be a computer program called "Tortoise"?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
The 'Asus Eee box' comment threw me for a second as well. I want to make this a joke SO badly!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.