Question for breeders - Which male to keep?

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
San Antonio, TX
I'm downsizing my tortoise collection a bit. I have 1 WC female Antakyan / Jordanian intergrade and I want to keep just 1 male to breed with her. I have 1 WC male Antakyan / Jordanian intergrade who appears to be hypo-melanistic. I also have 1 CB male Lebanese Antakyan. I am thinking I will keep the older, intergrade male since he is the same cross as my female. I just wanted to see what other Greek breeders think.

Here is my female: WC Lebanese Antakyan / Jordanian intergrade. She is 19.1 cm (7.5 inches). I got her at about 4 inches in 2007. She has been with the intergrade male and they have bred.

Here is my older male: WC hypo-melanistic Lebanese Antakyan / Jordanian intergrade. He is 16 cm (6.3 inches). I got him in 2010 and he had been in captivity since at least 2005. He has bred with the female.

He had his face slightly chewed on by fire ants last year, so he's a bit sad in the face. (I took care of the fire ants)

Younger male: CB Lebanese Antakyan, hatched 9-12-2008. 13.4 cm (5.3 inches). I got him in 2010.

So what do you think? Thanks :D

nickpanzee

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I hope they show up! They show up in the post for me. I checked on my phone too and I can see them.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Don't know what happened. They do show up now. This darn ipad and Apples latest update, really screws things up.
Good luck on your decision.