Q: Dip in shell. Feedback please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Paradise
Is it typical for a baby Eastern Boxie to have this dip in her shell? She has had it since I got her, but now that she has grown a bit it has become more visible. Also is it possible to give turtles too much calcium? Thank you!!

Here's another view.

Last view.

Attachments

• image-2701191432.png
    image-2701191432.png
    286.1 KB · Views: 53
  • image-941554977.png
    image-941554977.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 54
  • image-3185423896.png
    image-3185423896.png
    205 KB · Views: 46

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes you can over calcium. Only give 2-3 times a week. I give my tort once a week, he is outside every day. Giving a Bump for your other question as I can't help you.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
Is the dip soft atall. Others will likely answer your other questions.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
The dip is not soft at all. They are currently eating many meal worms that have a high calcium diet along with earth worms and wax worms. Should I not put the meal worms in the formula anymore and cut back on the calcium intake? Thanks you.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have raised a few easterns from hatchlings and fed them mostly meal worms, earthworms, pill bugs, little snails and slugs for the first year, every now and then if a different food item becomes available(like crickets) it is given to them,I have never given extra calcium on the food items, I raise the meal worms in layena which has a good amount of calcium.I have no idea what the pill bugs, worms, snails and slugs are eating before the little fellows catch them. If that white powder in your feeding container is calcium powder, I would cut back on it. Good Luck, I believe your little boxie will be fine.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
Okay thank you so much. I just bought the calcium powder today because it had other vitamins in it, but I will give it in very little moderation. Does anyone know of a good vitamin supplement for babies? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.