Pyramiding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
How early does pyramiding start or can be spotted. My Leo is a year old and I notice his scutes are raised does he grow into them or is that pyramiding. I'll try to get a pic

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
yup, he's gettin' some lumpy bumps. But now you know, and knowing is half the battle :p

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
I'm not to sure what I'm doing wrong I soak him I have a fogger for humidity. Feed him dandelion and a variety of otherstuff mazuri. Any help on how I can fix this.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Pyramiding can start as soon as they start to grow, if it is too dry. So the first week or two after hatching is when it can first be seen in some cases. Yes you have the foundation for pyramiding there. How long has your leopard been getting the humidifier and the daily soaks? How long have you had him?

Does he have a humid hide? Do you spray the shell? Using a humidifier on an open topped enclosure usually doesn't do much good because the humidity just escapes into the room. Is your top covered? I like to emphasize that if you are going to go with lots of humidity and moisture that you MUST keep it warm 24/7. I like an ambient of no lower than 80 under these circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.