Pug and Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
I had mentioned that I was getting a new camera for my birthday on one of the threads earlier this month. Well yesterday was my birthday and I got my camera so here are a few of the pictures that I had promised I'd post of Dale. He is so cute. He was a little camera shy at first, but I soaked him so he came out to say hi. :p I also added our pug because....well you can see why....that little adorable face who could resist taking pictures of it. Hope you enjoy them. I'm still learning everything about the camera because some of you are pros at this posting pictures thing and I want to be able to do that.

I tried and tried, but I couldn't get them to come up bigger than this. Still a lot to learn. ;) The only thing that makes them bigger is to click on the picture.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Wow, Dale has such striking red coloring on his face! What a handsome fellow. And that perfectly smooth shell...I am jealous.:cool:

Happy belated birthday, Candy. It is always a pleasure to read your posts as they are invariably cheerful and complimentary.:)

I'm pretty sure that you are the one who got the same camera that GBtortoises used; the Sony DSC-WD230 (?). I am getting one too! It is my Christmas present to me and I can't wait to start playing with it!!:p

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Candy you pirctues are great! And...Dale is getting marbling!!!! He is so beautiful and smooth...no easy feat. But, ya gotta love that Rudolph nose.

The Birthday Fairy

5 Year Member
The Netherworld
I saw that yesterday there was one hidden birthday on the forum, however even the Birthday Fairy can't un-hide a birthday. So, now that you are "outed,"

39757dr44rlboou.gif

35961sf9e8facwm.gif

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Candy...I'm sorry..........Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu!!!! I forgot to say it in my previous post.

The Birthday Fairy

5 Year Member
The Netherworld
Well, I' m loath to admit it, but the B. Fairy has made a whopping big error. I tried to add Candy's birthday to the calendar, put it on the wrong day, showed it to be a recurring event, and now can't figure out how to fix my mistake. So please bear with me while I contact Josh to help me get it corrected.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Happy Birthday Month Candy!!!! Dale is gorgeous and your pug is adorable ...what's his/her name? Hope you have a great birthday month taking all kinds of pics!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Stephanie Logan said:
Wow, Dale has such striking red coloring on his face! What a handsome fellow. And that perfectly smooth shell...I am jealous.:cool:

Happy belated birthday, Candy. It is always a pleasure to read your posts as they are invariably cheerful and complimentary.:)

I'm pretty sure that you are the one who got the same camera that GBtortoises used; the Sony DSC-WD230 (?). I am getting one too! It is my Christmas present to me and I can't wait to start playing with it!!:p

Thank you. It is the same camera and you're going to love it. I took some other pictures of Dale's enclosure, but we're making him a new one so I'll wait until that's done and post some more pictures then. :)

terryo said:
Candy you pirctues are great! And...Dale is getting marbling!!!! He is so beautiful and smooth...no easy feat. But, ya gotta love that Rudolph nose.

He is getting marbling just like Pio has. First I was afraid that it was shell rot, but then I started noticing everyone elses tortoises and realized that it is marbling. :)

The Birthday Fairy said:
I saw that yesterday there was one hidden birthday on the forum, however even the Birthday Fairy can't un-hide a birthday. So, now that you are "outed,"

39757dr44rlboou.gif

35961sf9e8facwm.gif

Yvonne, are you now the Birthday Fairy? That's too cute. Thank you. I really didn't know my birthday was hidden. I thought it was just the age. :p

terryo said:
Candy...I'm sorry..........Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuu!!!! I forgot to say it in my previous post.

Thank you Terry. And I forgot to comment on the Rudolph nose, I love how red he gets especially after he gets soaked.

katesgoey said:
Happy Birthday Month Candy!!!! Dale is gorgeous and your pug is adorable ...what's his/her name? Hope you have a great birthday month taking all kinds of pics!

Thank you Kate. His name is Spencer. He is 6 years old and was my sons graduation present from high school. I just love pugs I think they are very unique dogs. :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Happyy Birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyy Candyyyyyyyyyyy :D I hope you had a wonderful day! Lucky you, that is a very nice camera you got, it makes beautiful pictures (and you are a very good photographer too :D). Your pug is adorable and Dale is sooo cute, I love the red spots on his head, it is beautiful!.
Thanks for sharing!

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member

Thank you Kate. His name is Spencer. He is 6 years old and was my sons graduation present from high school. I just love pugs I think they are very unique dogs. :)
[/quote]

I love that name - Spencer! He is really adorable.
(BTW, I'm Sandy - my granddaughter, Kate, called me "Goey" when she was very little and couldn't pronouce "grandma" yet:) so that's how I came up with the username, Katesgoey).

Enjoy your Birthday Month and thanks for sharing the great photos!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
katesgoey said:

I love that name - Spencer! He is really adorable.
(BTW, I'm Sandy - my granddaughter, Kate, called me "Goey" when she was very little and couldn't pronouce "grandma" yet:) so that's how I came up with the username, Katesgoey).

Sorry Sandy. How embarrassing. I guess that's why you should look at the signature and not at the username. I love that name that your grandaughter came up with. ;)

Enjoy your Birthday Month and thanks for sharing the great photos!
[/quote]

Shalon

5 Year Member
Dale is absolutely gorgeous! The pug is cute too. :) Happy Birthday!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Candy said:
Yvonne, are you now the Birthday Fairy? That's too cute. Thank you. I really didn't know my birthday was hidden. I thought it was just the age. :p

Now we've both been outed! I wanted the birthday wishes to come from the forum, rather than from me, so I invented the B.D. Fairy. Sh-h-h-h! and if you look at your profile, you'll see that your age is shown but the birthday is hidden.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Shalon said:
Dale is absolutely gorgeous! The pug is cute too. :) Happy Birthday!

Thank you Shalon. :)

emysemys said:
Candy said:

Now we've both been outed! I wanted the birthday wishes to come from the forum, rather than from me, so I invented the B.D. Fairy. Sh-h-h-h! and if you look at your profile, you'll see that your age is shown but the birthday is hidden.

Well as many times as I've looked at that I didn't even notice it until you said something. Well I won't say anything if you don't. :p

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Happy Birthday Candy!
All of you have such good eyes. I wouldn't have figured out the marbling. Dale is beautiful! I especially love how smooth and round he is and of course his Rudolph face!
:)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you Kate and Mado, I think Dale is very good looking, but I can't take credit for the shell because he did come to me like that. I might be doing things right to keep it that way but I'm really not sure what that would be. I just feed him and soak him and he grows beautifully. Thanks again. :)

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
Dales is a cute little one. I was invisioned him being larger! How big is he? He's abhandsome litto one

galvinkaos

5 Year Member
Temple City, Ca
Happy belated B-day Candy. :D I hope you had a great day. Dale is looking very dashing and your pug is handsome too. My birthday avoided the birthday fairy too. We get better at hiding from them the older we get. My kids used to tell me if you don't eat bday cake then you don't get older. So I avoid it like the plague. LOL :p

Dawna

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thanks Dawna. Haven't seen you post too much lately. Happy belated birthday to you too. If I do avoid birthday cake it's not so I don't get older it's so my thighs don't get bigger. lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.