PTFE/PFOA in lamp/bulb?

Ida K

Hello everyone, I have an important question. It's bird-related but involves the lighting I use for my tortoises. I recently brought a new parrot home and am very concerned.
Birds are extremely sensitive to PTFE and PFOA (shortened versions of the compounds used in Teflon) and I read that some heat lamps have Teflon to prevent shattering. When Teflon is heated to high temps, it releases gases that kill the bird in minutes. I don't know if the lamps/bulbs I use have Teflon in them so I would like to ask if anyone knows. Here are the lamps I use (they are hung from the ceiling, of course).

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433890288.495366.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433890300.184683.jpg

The reason I am asking is I might have to move the bird cage to the same room I keep my tortoises in when there is a family gathering. I don't think the bulb has a Teflon coating because it has shattered before. The torts were fine though so that's all good. I am also going to post this on a bird forum for more help.

Thank you for anyone that helps!