Proud new owner

Jakk

Hi everyone I have been reading up on this forum for several months now learning how to care for Russians. I got my first tortoise today I'm so happy meet cletus, we live in Scotland. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1433614194.428543.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Jakk and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and cletus.
Glad to hear you've been doing your research, but if you do have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
read, learn, contribute and have fun!

Jakk

Thank you. My only query is I would like to no roughly how old my tortoise is to ensure he is having enough soaks. I've been told around a year would you agree?

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I'd say around a year or younger. What a cutie!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He looks younger than that to me. No growth lines yet. I'd say just a month or two. Soak daily for about 15 minutes.

Welcome!!

Jakk

Thank you I will soak daily. didn't think a yr old

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yes, he's very, very young for sure.
Lots of lovely soaks for the little guy.(or girl).

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
As the tortoise gets bigger it has lines around each scute, a bit like tree rings, (but no good for ageing your tort).
If you look at my avatar you'll see the tort has lines on the bottom scutes and sort of circles around the higher ones.
These happen as the tortoise grows.
Your tortoise doesn't have many, certainly not very obviously so it hasn't grown much and is probably therefore, very young.

Jakk

As the tortoise gets bigger it has lines around each scute, a bit like tree rings, (but no good for ageing your tort).
If you look at my avatar you'll see the tort has lines on the bottom scutes and sort of circles around the higher ones.
These happen as the tortoise grows.
Your tortoise doesn't have many, certainly not very obviously so it hasn't grown much and is probably therefore, very young.

Thank you