Prospective Tortoise

Krupbot20

Location (City and/or State)
Simi Valley, CA
Hey everyone. So my wife and I are looking for a leopard tortoise and I found this lady online (Kingsnake classified.) I'd prefer a pardalis pardalis hatchling, but my wife would prefer a tortoise that's old enough to be kept outside during the day. She will definitely be loved and have a good home with us

She's a bacocki. She's in Texas, is about 2.5 - 3 years old, and about 10 inches long. She's going for $800.00. The guy selling her sounded like he knew what he was doing and was selling her because he needed the room in his backyard.

Let me know what you guys think. At this point I'm leaning towards the purchase. Thank you. 25618.jpeg25628.jpeg

Riley ann

chino
She is kinda expensive for her age and she would cost more is she is sexually mature. With her being a Babcocki as well. Maybe because she is a high blonde. Very pretty anyway

Bambam1989

East Texas
I would be cautious about this. Request more pictures, like of the underside of her shell, from behind, perhaps with a ruler in the pic. Look closely at the pics to make sure they are all of the same tort.
In what form would payment be made? I would also request a clean health certificate from a vet.

Riley ann

chino
In general I would recommend to buy it from someone local

Riley ann

chino
Just these two replies were enough for. Too much ambiguity for an $800 purchase. Talked to the Wife and we will continue to wait for Tom's Hatchlings! He lives close and i will know they were raised right. Thanks guys.

Much better idea! She was just risky and expensive for what you were getting.

Bambam1989

East Texas
Just these two replies were enough for. Too much ambiguity for an $800 purchase. Talked to the Wife and we will continue to wait for Tom's Hatchlings! He lives close and i will know they were raised right. Thanks guys.
Tom is a great breeder! I have a sulcata hatchling from him and it is healthy and willing to try any food. Settled quickly and was already used to humans.

Krupbot20

Simi Valley, CA
Tom is a great breeder! I have a sulcata hatchling from him and it is healthy and willing to try any food. Settled quickly and was already used to humans.
Yea everyone says such great things about him and he's so nice. Now the hard part is waiting til February. Worth it though. Thanks for your help!

Bambam1989

East Texas
Yea everyone says such great things about him and he's so nice. Now the hard part is waiting til February. Worth it though. Thanks for your help!
That just gives you more time to prepare your babies enclosure! Get it all set up and then you can post pics, if you would like.