Proper feeding.

Laci

If I'm letting Nova graze every day do I still need to provide food in her enclosure? I do currently, but only things that she would find outside like Bermuda grass, clover, and rose pedals. I just don't want to over feed her...

Attachments

• 1413498212675.jpg
    1413498212675.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California, bay area
I'm my sulcata torts enclosure there are different types of grass to graze on. i have noticed that he eats throughout the day at different times. i would provide live plants in his enclosure. i also feed my torts daily.

Laci

I'm my sulcata torts enclosure there are different types of grass to graze on. i have noticed that he eats throughout the day at different times. i would provide live plants in his enclosure. i also feed my torts daily.
It's about to be winter here, so I haven't grown a tortoise garden yet, but I have ordered the seeds for one. Should I be feeding her something other than what she grazes on? Or is that fine for now?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
This is sort of a judgement call. If there is enough variety, then I think its fine, but you only mentioned three things. I would try to add a bit more variety, but outdoor grazing is best. They just need enough stuff to graze on.

Laci

This is sort of a judgement call. If there is enough variety, then I think its fine, but you only mentioned three things. I would try to add a bit more variety, but outdoor grazing is best. They just need enough stuff to graze on.
We have a mixture of grasses, weeds, low hanging plants and flowers and bushes. What would you suggest to add more variety until I can plant the tortoise garden?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California