Prolapsed Penis

Chubbs the tegu

Location (City and/or State)
Ma
Thanks everyone for the good wishes, AB is alive, semiunreponsive, but his eyes are bright and follow me. And he does change position. I called a friend and she will sponsor the Vet visit and x-rays. He has an appt tomorrow. I have to drop him off at 8:30 am
Great news!

Gijoux

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thanks everyone for the good wishes, AB is alive, semiunreponsive, but his eyes are bright and follow me. And he does change position. I called a friend and she will sponsor the Vet visit and x-rays. He has an appt tomorrow. I have to drop him off at 8:30 am
Looking forward to hearing how he is doing. Keep smiling and think positively Maggie3fan!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
It's just so damned frustrating. This is so embarrassing for me, I know I am certainly no expert, but I do have some years of hands on experience. So I told my exotic Vet all about the prolapse and how I manipulated it back in, and how it has stayed in since then, and how I expected a bladder stone...blah blah blah...his penis didn't go back in because he is so full of poop there was no room. She says he is constipated as hell (that's a DR term) I am giving up on offering advice any more. So bottom line is he's full of sh*t

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
It's just so damned frustrating. This is so embarrassing for me, I know I am certainly no expert, but I do have some years of hands on experience. So I told my exotic Vet all about the prolapse and how I manipulated it back in, and how it has stayed in since then, and how I expected a bladder stone...blah blah blah...his penis didn't go back in because he is so full of poop there was no room. She says he is constipated as hell (that's a DR term) I am giving up on offering advice any more. So bottom line is he's full of sh*t
Better safe than sorry, Sh*T Happens

zovick

10 Year Member!
What treatment was prescribed by your exotics vet for this problem? Just curious to learn as much as possible from this experience of yours. Mineral oil enemas plus mineral oil by mouth have worked in similar cases I have seen over the years.

Good luck!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hahahahaha ya!!!????????
That’s great!!!
What I want to know is.....
How do you fix his constipation???
I think mine is too!!!!
Hey, you are a great mom from what I have read over these posts and I had all the faith in the world that you,Yvonne and Tom know how to fix just about everything!!!!
That’s why I come to YOU for advice!
That being said .... when he is better I might just kick him in the pants for scaring the hell out of you and all of us. (Just kidding).
So glad all is ....well....let’s just say....
“Far away from “the light”!
keep us posted!!!
And tell me your cure for constipation!!!?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
See if he will eat some watermelon Maggie. Make a bath from Calendula Tea and soak him a long time. These remedies have great success in relaxing the ureters and urethra so stones can pass more easily. I hope your fellow improves.
Yea...and I've read of some herbal teas that can help dissolve them. Sorry to Maggie for jumping in here. Now back to reading.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
You better keep offering advice @maggie3fan! All this proves is no matter how much know, no matter how much you work with the animal, there is always something more to learn. Really glad to hear that AB will be fine.

Lokkje

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Phoenix
I could not be happier than to hear that it’s something that you can fix. Please keep us updated.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hahahahaha ya!!!????????
That’s great!!!
What I want to know is.....
How do you fix his constipation???
I think mine is too!!!!
Hey, you are a great mom from what I have read over these posts and I had all the faith in the world that you,Yvonne and Tom know how to fix just about everything!!!!
That’s why I come to YOU for advice!
That being said .... when he is better I might just kick him in the pants for scaring the hell out of you and all of us. (Just kidding).
So glad all is ....well....let’s just say....
“Far away from “the light”!
keep us posted!!!
And tell me your cure for constipation!!!?
Well, my cure for constipation is Linzess. But for the tortoise, in about 15 minutes, is gonna get a syringeful of Dawn liquid shoved up his a**.?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Substite the Dawn for mineral oil. If he eats at all you can spread mineral oil on a leaf of romaine and roll it up from thr side, like a taquito, then hand feed it to him.

(Note o all about mineral oil: DO NOT EVER PUT ONLY MINERAL OIL INTO A TORTOISE'S MOUTH! Because the oil is smooth and silky the tortoise won't feel it and it's possible he MIGHT aspirate it into his lungs.)

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Well, my cure for constipation is Linzess. But for the tortoise, in about 15 minutes, is gonna get a syringeful of Dawn liquid shoved up his a**.?
You my dear are a hoot and a half!!!!! Lmao
Linzess.. hahahaa. I wonder if you CAN give .....wait....scratch that sentence or next we will have a new post from a member who has tired it...
DAWN LIQUID!!?????!!!!!!!!!!?
Whaaaaaat!!!???!?!?!?! Lol
Wwwwwhhhhyyyyyy!!!!????!!!?!
Poor thing . Ouch!!! ??

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
You my dear are a hoot and a half!!!!! Lmao
Linzess.. hahahaa. I wonder if you CAN give .....wait....scratch that sentence or next we will have a new post from a member who has tired it...
DAWN LIQUID!!?????!!!!!!!!!!?
Whaaaaaat!!!???!?!?!?! Lol
Wwwwwhhhhyyyyyy!!!!????!!!?!
Poor thing . Ouch!!! ??
OK, I'll confess, no Dawn, yes Mineral oil enema
don't try this at home