Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

I have had Scoot for almost a year now! She has been very shy since I got her. She would occasionally come out when I hold her but any fast movement or touch would send her right back in her shell. Well today I was holding her having some bonding time before breakfast. I was rubbing light circles on her carapace and she slowly started to come out. Once she was out she was moving her legs a lot and I was able to touch all over her back legs and even touch and move her tail and slightly touch her front legs! I was so excited that she seems to finely be warming up to me. I know that Home's are not super social but I want to be able to touch her legs and neck so that God forbid something happens to her and she needs medical treatment she will not pull in the shell every time.

I was just so excited about our breakthrough I had to share! :)

I did note today though that she is wheezing some, her eating habits have not changed and she is more active now. I am going to start with upping the temps and humidity and see if it gets better.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
They take time but when they adjust look out.

moswen

5 Year Member
oh congratulations on the progress! that's wonderful!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Cool! Congratulations on receiving confirmation that your momma skills are succeeding!

Now, about that photo of the new, gregarious Scoot...;)

S

Scooter

She is still shy about that weird machine that flashes lights at her but I will get some soon. I promise Stephanie.

S

Scooter

So today we had another break through! Scoot ate from my hand! She did this cute little dance first, kind of swaying side to side then front to back than lunged and took a nice big bite!

S

Scooter

Yes it was! It took everything I had to keep sitting still while she ate and get excited and scare her lol :)

M

Maggie Cummings

It takes time and patience to get a new tortoise adjusted. I am glad for you that there is progress...I touch them all over for those very reasons, so the Vet can do a good examination or repair an injury. But wouldn't you know that even as well socialized as Bob is, when we took him to be microchipped he kept his head in...the jerk!!!
But that's how we met DoctorCosmonaut...

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
maggie3fan said:
But wouldn't you know that even as well socialized as Bob is, when we took him to be microchipped he kept his head in...the jerk!!!

OOoohhh...I never heard that story told! You should start a new thread and spill it all! :D

S

Scooter

Now if I could only get her to eat food that is not covered in banana lol. I think this will take quit a while lol.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Stephanie Logan said:
maggie3fan said:
But wouldn't you know that even as well socialized as Bob is, when we took him to be microchipped he kept his head in...the jerk!!!

OOoohhh...I never heard that story told! You should start a new thread and spill it all! :D

I was thinking the same thing!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Scooter said:
Now if I could only get her to eat food that is not covered in banana lol. I think this will take quit a while lol.

You have made huge strides in this area too!

S

Scooter

Ok Stephanie here are the new pictures of Scoot while we were having our "mommy and me time" today lol. She still doesn't like the camera so they are not the best.

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
She is beautiful!! and so very very lucky to have such a caring keeper.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.