Private

Exclive

I have been reading a lot here and there are references to private forums or inquiries to help ferret out good quality breeders/sellers. How do I access the private side.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I have been reading a lot here and there are references to private forums or inquiries to help ferret out good quality breeders/sellers. How do I access the private side.

The only private forums here are the moderator section. You may be referencing PMs (private messages) or Conversations. You can start PM/conversations through the members' profile page by clicking "Start a Conversation".

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

What species are you looking for? Find someone who posts a lot in the section you are interested in and send them a "conversation".

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
To ferret something out is to sort through many leads to get the one you want. I don't think the OP is looking for ferrets. Private often refers to private breeders, that is people who breed the animals and sell directly to the new pet owner. They might not have a brick and mortar location. There are big private breeders, in that all they sell what they they breed - and they breed many species in abundance, they don't flip or buy from an importer and resale at a higher price. So like Tom said look where people post, or for reviews in that section of TFO, or the for sale area, also here on TFO.

I have an ever growing concern with people who flip animals, they only have $$ vested in the situation, maybe some reputation, but mostly just $$.

Exclive

What species are you looking for? Find someone who posts a lot in the section you are interested in and send them a "conversation".
Any of the threes Hermann's. did all my research the past six months and now ready to open home to my own tort. Just need to find out if breeder I am corresponding with is reputable. Saw posts that said this should best be done on private pages. Need to know whose private page to ask on our best place to get info.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Welcome to the Forum and good luck in your quest.
tag or PM HermanniChris if you want the man for Hermann's info.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Any of the threes Hermann's. did all my research the past six months and now ready to open home to my own tort. Just need to find out if breeder I am corresponding with is reputable. Saw posts that said this should best be done on private pages. Need to know whose private page to ask on our best place to get info.

You should feel free to send a private message ("Conversation") to any forum member you wish. We are all happy to share our opinions.