Pregnant???

tomatofish123

Location (City and/or State)
BRIDGWATER
hi i was wondering if there was any way to tell if my tortoise might be Pregnant and carrying eggs by sending a sample of poo/wee to somewhere to be tested if yes what company would be able to do that. sorry if this sounds a silly question

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
hi i was wondering if there was any way to tell if my tortoise might be Pregnant and carrying eggs by sending a sample of poo/wee to somewhere to be tested if yes what company would be able to do that. sorry if this sounds a silly question
You can take them for an X-ray at a veterinarian.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
$150 to $200 in Corvallis Oregon, but tortoises do not get 'pregnant'. Gently palpate with a finger in next to a leg. If she has eggs, and you do it right, you can feel the eggs for free.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
What species of tortoise? How many do you have?

turtlesteve

10 Year Member!
$150 to $200 in Corvallis Oregon, but tortoises do not get 'pregnant'. Gently palpate with a finger in next to a leg. If she has eggs, and you do it right, you can feel the eggs for free.

I have tried to palpate for eggs for years and never been able to feel any. There must be a trick to this that I don’t know.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
You can weigh your tortoise often too. When you see a significant weight gain you'll know she's probably Gravid. Likewise, if you see a significant weight loss, you'll know she's laid them somewhere.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Instead of "pregnant," a female turtle carrying eggs is said to be gravid.
What do you call it in ovoviviparous livebearers like boas, rattlesnakes, some sharks, and some skinks?

Obbie

Minnesota
An X-Ray will leave NO DOUBT ! No poking around, and such. I’ve always used X-Rays on Dogs for a blockages, easy count on puppies, kittens. My Mali ?? is about 50 pounds. She would squish my finger if I tried that. No need, no males, no babies.