Post pics your Outside tortoise pens.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1465754048.661883.jpg here's where mine is going. Those cinder blocks you see here will be all leveled and set once this garden plot is all tilled and all unneeded plants pulled (I'm 1/2 way through this work) I think I'll just set the cinder blocks one on top of the other (no mortar). Once set, I'll fill the holes with soil and may try growing succulents in them. In the summer it may get too hot for anything to grow in there but we'll see...

memy02

This is what I ended up making for my RT Yellow, it is 15'x10' made from PVC pipe, chicken wire, and zip ties. I also ended up running some burlap around the base so that she can't see outside the enclosure. In the top left corner is her overnight/bad weather box made form a pair of weathertight totes stacked together with newspaper to help insulate it. Inside is a heat rock running through a thermostat to keep it from getting too hot along with some timothy hay (she loves to sleep in it), and a towel attached to the floor to give her traction. All of the cords fit nicely in the space between the bottoms of the totes which helps keep the cords safe and dry.
http://imgur.com/a/M0RDj

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
This is what I ended up making for my RT Yellow, it is 15'x10' made from PVC pipe, chicken wire, and zip ties. I also ended up running some burlap around the base so that she can't see outside the enclosure. In the top left corner is her overnight/bad weather box made form a pair of weathertight totes stacked together with newspaper to help insulate it. Inside is a heat rock running through a thermostat to keep it from getting too hot along with some timothy hay (she loves to sleep in it), and a towel attached to the floor to give her traction. All of the cords fit nicely in the space between the bottoms of the totes which helps keep the cords safe and dry.
http://imgur.com/a/M0RDj
Omg! You just gave me couple of great ideas! Thank you!!!