Possible skin/ eye irritation?

landon

5 Year Member
I took a close look at her eyes she seems very aware and not in any discomfort. It could just be a piece of dry skin below her eye but I like to be safe rather then sorry. ImageUploadedByTortForum1382619725.688207.jpg
As she decided to be camera shy today I couldn't get a clear picture but the other side doesn't look like that it's clear. Any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pacific NorthWET
I can't see well enough to comment. So sorry. I will look again when you post, and my reptile DVM is working today, I will show him. Plus Dr Schroeder...who is proudly now listed in our TFO veterinarian section...yay!....is coming in today to examine a mass on my dog. I will show her as well. She's especially enamored by tortoises, so she will be happy to help.

landon

5 Year Member
Wow, thank you very much I am still a beginner with tortoises and have lots to learn. I would love to have her for atleast her life expectancy, and want her to live a happy life. I will try to get a better picture of her to see what the condition of it is.

Thank you much

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
I don't see anything worrisome. If there is a little bit of stuck dry skin there, just gently pour some warm water over its head with a spoon during its daily soak. :) That should soften the skin.

Sometimes babies get irritated eyes when their substrate is too dry, but if you mist several times daily, it should be ok.