Possible shell rot???

domagoj

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Croatia
I noticed some discoloration on my hermanns underside. I'm concerned it might be shell rot. He's active and eats well. He also gets daily 30 minute soaks. I've already applied some antibiotic ointment as a percaution.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482498633.399340.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482498649.662287.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482498672.250685.jpg
Oh and here's a picture of the enclosure. I know it's kinda small but it's only for this winter.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's more likely an abrasion of some sort.
However, treating for shell rot is easy and even if it's not needed, it will do NO HARM.
Get over to the local Dollar store or any Croatian discount store and buy a tube of "athletes foot" cream. (It has the same active ingredient as the high dollar ones.) Apply a light smear on the area for a week. Maybe 10 days.
Done.

domagoj

5 Year Member
Croatia
It's more likely an abrasion of some sort.
However, treating for shell rot is easy and even if it's not needed, it will do NO HARM.
Get over to the local Dollar store or any Croatian discount store and buy a tube of "athletes foot" cream. (It has the same active ingredient as the high dollar ones.) Apply a light smear on the area for a week. Maybe 10 days.
Done.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the advice.

domagoj

5 Year Member
Croatia
I am assuming that every part of the world has a discount store?
The cream is an anti fungal. Either 1% Clotrimazole or Terbafine Hydrochloride.

Yeah I have some somewhere. Used it on my feet two months ago. Thanks again

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Let us know how it works!