Possible prolapse in sulcata female.

millerchk1

Location (City and/or State)
Charleston
Hello all need a bit of help from everyone. This is Rocky she is 5 years old she is about 55 lbs. Yesterday evening she passed a bladder stone that was about an inch and a half ball and it looks like she may have a minor prolapse. She gets soaks 3x a week and lots of hydration in her diet so it's was just one of those things. I have 3 photos one from this morning after a dark and a fee of a couple hours after of her walking around with some lube on her tush per vet orders. She has an appointment for the vet tomorrow but I'm reaching out to ask if this is minor enough to fix itself or will it be an issue. She is acting her normal self eating and getting into everything but I just want a few opnions she has never had any issues.

Attachments

• received_701910611552822.jpeg
    received_701910611552822.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 7
  • e44502dd-3d80-4126-946c-3d1d47c28a08photo.jpeg
    e44502dd-3d80-4126-946c-3d1d47c28a08photo.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221229_161120.jpg
    20221229_161120.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 7

millerchk1

Charleston
Hello all need a bit of help from everyone. This is Rocky she is 5 years old she is about 55 lbs. Yesterday evening she passed a bladder stone that was about an inch and a half ball and it looks like she may have a minor prolapse. She gets soaks 3x a week and lots of hydration in her diet so it's was just one of those things. I have 3 photos one from this morning after a dark and a fee of a couple hours after of her walking around with some lube on her tush per vet orders. She has an appointment for the vet tomorrow but I'm reaching out to ask if this is minor enough to fix itself or will it be an issue. She is acting her normal self eating and getting into everything but I just want a few opnions she has never had any issues.
Was supposed to say after a soak not dark my apologies

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's not prolapse it's just swollen cloacal tissue from the trauma of passing a large stone. Soak her in warm water in something she can't climb out of for 30 to 45 minutes a day and after each soak pat the area dry and smooth on Preparation H hemmerroid cream. It will subside in time.

millerchk1

Charleston
That's not prolapse it's just swollen cloacal tissue from the trauma of passing a large stone. Soak her in warm water in something she can't climb out of for 30 to 45 minutes a day and after each soak pat the area dry and smooth on Preparation H hemmerroid cream. It will subside in time.
Thank you so much . I've been so worried

millerchk1

Charleston
Is there usually a time limit on how long it takes to heal? The tissue looks to still be fine and she has been eating but no bowel movement since passing her stone and it is still out a bit it does not hang over her shell but I can still see tissue. Have been doing the soaks and hemorrhoid cream. She did have a very large poop after she stone passed so I know she was a but backed up before it.

millerchk1

Charleston
Here is how it looks today

Attachments

• 20230104_090902.jpg
    20230104_090902.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 4

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here is how it looks today
Now THAT looks like what prolapse looks like. It's part of the internal organ, not swollen cloaca. Put a little vaseline on your smallest finger and gently push it back inside. You may have to hold it there until she stops pushing it out.

millerchk1

Charleston
Now THAT looks like what prolapse looks like. It's part of the internal organ, not swollen cloaca. Put a little vaseline on your smallest finger and gently push it back inside. You may have to hold it there until she stops pushing it out.
Ok I was at work and she pooped alot. It was hard to push it in before due to it being so stretched from the stone now that she has pooped I will try to get it back in. I fed her collards with mineral oil last night and she pooped alot 2x this morning so Ia thinking she was backed up

millerchk1

Charleston
It is literally like the streched part of her butthole. Is there anything I can put on it until it heals that could help or will she need the tissue removed by a vet. She's definitely acting more normal after pooping but I can't seem to get it to stay in its not mis coloring anywhere else could it be traumatized butt tissue possibly a small scab that's what it looks like it is only miscolored in that area?

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The hemmeroid cream helps shrink it. Also a paste made with sugar and a bit of water helps shrink swollen tissue.

millerchk1

Charleston
It has definitely shrunk it it just has that small miscolored area sorry I've been messaging you too the threads are a bit confusing for me but I got it in some but not all the way should I just keep soaking and applying the cream? If it is necrosis would there be symptoms she will display? I'm sorry I know you are probably not a vet you just seem the most knowledgeable person I have found.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If it is necrotic, it will eventually fall off like a scab and will not cause any illness or pain. The hemorrhoid cream is benificial.

millerchk1

Charleston
If it is necrotic, it will eventually fall off like a scab and will not cause any illness or pain. The hemorrhoid cream is benificial.
Ok thank you thays very beneficial to know. I will keep applying the cream and hopefully she will stay acting the way she is. So I will not freak out if it does scab and fall off only question I have left to ask I guess is will it spread to her internal organ or will the exposed area just die off.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The exposed area just dies off.