Portland Oregon sulcata

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They are out of their minds! 1000 $ for a tortoise you can get for free . Its a nice looking tortoise . Is pot smoking legal in Portland? Them guys are smoking something .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Seems like I have seen the red pic with hand on sully before? Not sure if on here or someplace else. People asking for that much money makes you wonder if they live under a rock or something.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here is our email exchange;

I'm looking at getting $1000 to insure he goes to a good home. I've had him way too long to just give him away. Not to mention you can't get a tortoise this size shipped to you across state lines for this price because of his size.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 13, 2014, at 4:43 AM, "Ken Shaw" <[email protected]> wrote:

Greetings,
I'm so sorry you are in need of a new home for your beloved pet. For me, this would be a heartbreaking decision. I've included photos of my Sulcatas tortoise yard. For a size reference, the barn in the background is 24' on that end. They have a heated shed they retreat to each evening.
I've plenty of tortoise experience. Currently, I've got 7 sulcata from 2 yrs to 16 yrs old as well as 13 russian and a trio of pancakes. Have you discovered the Internet forum, “TheTortoiseForum.org"? I've been an active member for a few years and am somewhat known on that group. My “handle" is Cowboy Ken. I am the past president of the Oregon Herpetological Society for 6 yrs. your fellow would be going to a superb home here at the ranch. No risk of dog encounters or wildlife. You could feel assured he would be at his forever home and receive outstanding care he has been used to.
All that said, what are you looking for as a rehoming fee and what has his recent diet been?

--
Sent from cPRO craigslist client for iPhone and iPod

<image1.jpg>

<image2.jpg>

<image3.jpg>

M

Maggie Cummings

I knew you were gonna jump on that one as soon as I saw Portland...You've become a hoarder...:)

Telid

5 Year Member
TX
No, you only SAY they can come over, but somehow you're always busy...hahaha
The trick is to offer something of value - "I'll come over and bring my own tort for the visit."