Poop Contest

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
@Pastel Tortie
In this guess the poop contest, you will have 2 pictures to look at. Whatever animal this is, is pooping in the box turtle pond at night when the water is gone. The fresh poop is black and does not smell. It is not cat or dog poop. The winner will have their choice of 1 of 2 Sulcata and they will get to pay for a road trip to Oregon to pick up the very newest prize; 1 medium beautiful male Sulcata

198.JPG
197.JPG

Minority2

Tortoise Hell
@Pastel Tortie
In this guess the poop contest, you will have 2 pictures to look at. Whatever animal this is, is pooping in the box turtle pond at night when the water is gone. The fresh poop is black and does not smell. It is not cat or dog poop. The winner will have their choice of 1 of 2 Sulcata and they will get to pay for a road trip to Oregon to pick up the very newest prize; 1 medium beautiful male Sulcata

Wet smelly poo from a tortoise that has a diet large composed of store bought greens can smell so bad that a concentrated whiff can bring tears to a person's eyes. It's been years since I've personally encountered such a foul stench. I don't miss it.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
@Pastel Tortie

View attachment 303616
View attachment 303617
That's Sasquatch poop. He/she must be bathing in your pond.......

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Raccoon Poop. UHOH Google has some bad news
Raccoon Distemper
Next to humans, the second leading cause of death of raccoons is distemper. Raccoons are susceptible to infection by both canine and feline distemper. Although they both can cause acute illness and death, they are caused by two completely different viruses. Canine Distemper is a a highly contagious disease of carnivores caused by a virus that affects animals in the families Canidae, Mustelidae and Procyonidae. Canine distemper is common when raccoon populations are large. The virus is widespread and mortality in juveniles is higher than in adults. Feline distemper, also called feline panleukopenia, catplague, cat fever, feline agranulocytosis, and feline infectious enteritis, is an acute, highly infectious viral disease affecting members of the Felidae, Mustelidae and Procyonidae

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I’ll guess raccoon scat. Take a look of other images here...

And we have our winner!!! I'll send you my address thru a PM so you can come get Knob,ugh, the beautiful male Sulcata you just won!!! I also thought it might be raccoon. Damn. When I first moved here they were plentiful. But I haven't seen them for a few years now. Cutting down the big fir tree they lived in had helped. Thanks, now I'll research how to make them poop elsewhere lol

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Raccoon Poop. UHOH Google has some bad news
Raccoon Distemper
Next to humans, the second leading cause of death of raccoons is distemper. Raccoons are susceptible to infection by both canine and feline distemper. Although they both can cause acute illness and death, they are caused by two completely different viruses. Canine Distemper is a a highly contagious disease of carnivores caused by a virus that affects animals in the families Canidae, Mustelidae and Procyonidae. Canine distemper is common when raccoon populations are large. The virus is widespread and mortality in juveniles is higher than in adults. Feline distemper, also called feline panleukopenia, catplague, cat fever, feline agranulocytosis, and feline infectious enteritis, is an acute, highly infectious viral disease affecting members of the Felidae, Mustelidae and Procyonidae
Scary. Now I'm gonna have to look for scat before I fill the pond. Well, I already was cuz I found 3 piles in 3 days, I just thought, I wonder if I put my live trap in the empty pond over night I might catch it. They are probably too smart and 'handy' . darn it! I'm going to have Roscoe that Pit Bull I foster starting Wednesday; what I'm thinking is probably not a good idea considering Roscoe is an overweight, deaf goofball

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
And we have our winner!!! I'll send you my address thru a PM so you can come get Knob,ugh, the beautiful male Sulcata you just won!!! I also thought it might be raccoon. Damn. When I first moved here they were plentiful. But I haven't seen them for a few years now. Cutting down the big fir tree they lived in had helped. Thanks, now I'll research how to make them poop elsewhere lol
Are you sure? Really looks like Bigfoot poop to me. We should have it tested for DNA.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've never seen raccoon poop, but Maggie's picture certainly DOES look like the other picture taken off my friend, Google.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
@maggie3fan Wasn't that helpful? ?

You know you're a TFO regular when the first thing you do in the morning is catch up on the poop threads with a fresh cup of coffee. :rolleyes: ?
And my first of the morning is about 3:30. But I will admit that I simply cannot drink coffee while I am catching up on the threads anymore. Spitting it out in surprised burst makes the keys all sticky

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
And my first of the morning is about 3:30. But I will admit that I simply cannot drink coffee while I am catching up on the threads anymore. Spitting it out in surprised burst makes the keys all sticky
You did that to me this morning when you referred to Bigfoot as Darrell ?

Canadian Mojo

Ontario
Your choices will probably come down to violence or an electric fence. They are not liable to leave a good environment on their own and a turtle pond would check off a lot of boxes in the good column for them.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I've never seen raccoon poop, but Maggie's picture certainly DOES look like the other picture taken off my friend, Google.
I’m pretty sure he’s right. I have to clean it off my dock almost every day thanks to the furball who likes to eat the fish food and hang out in the rafters... he paid no attention to my live trap or the tuna and peanut butter I left for him ?

Relic

Here
I initially saw the title of this thread and immediately wolfed down a pair of giant burrito supremes in anticipation of a persoanl achievement contest...then finally read the original post, and well...all dressed up and no where to go...