Poop concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate NY
As some may recall I recently had an issue with Turtle, he ingested some aspen and pooped three pieces. Since then his appetite has been a bit off. Yesterday and today his poop had white bits in it, looks like urates but it's in his poop. There is nothing like that in his table that it could be. I made an appointment at the vet for him but Tuesday is the earliest they can see him. I've bagged the poops so the vet can see but was wondering what you guys make of this? My worst fear is that somehow the aspen did some internal damage.

M

Maggie Cummings

Most poop can have streaks of urates in it and it's just normal.

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Thanks again Maggie!!
I just went in to check on him (I love working from home!) and found a nice big regular looking poop, a big lake of pee and some urates on his feeding tile. He's a good boy making me nuts!
I had just never seen the 'combo' poop before so it worried me a lot since I knew he ingested the aspen.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Clementine_3, glad to hear turtle is normal :) . Sorry to hear he is driving you nuts, but we all go through it :p. Sounds as if all the aspen is out and that part of your worries are over, Congratulations.

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Yes, I have come to the conclusion that it is his lot in life to make me crazy. That being the case, he excels. LOL.
I was the same way with my Leo's and then my snakes. When I got comfortable with them and their maddening ways I decided I was ready to put myself through it all again so toddled off and got Turtle. Why, why do I do this to myself? hehehe.
He's so dippity dangity cute though...all worth it and in a few years I will have him mostly figured out, or not. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.