Cherryman304

Location (City and/or State)
When and where do most hatchlings go to the bathroom. Like he has had soaks and I've seen nothing and I've not found anything in the cage. At least nothing of noticable size. I have had him for a week. He comes out eats. I've seen him drink and chew on his cuddle bone. But no poop? How long does it take for digestion? He had greens mustard and dandelion,mazuri, and fruit etc.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
My redfoot poops everyday during his soak ... it's convenient because it means I almost never have to spot-clean his enclosure.

Jamie

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Or he has not pooped yet or he’s a poop eater. There’s no exact answer for the digestion time it depends on exterior factors, how is the animal and what’s been digested.

Cherryman304

He seems fine. I'm just like that proud parent that wants to see 'poop" so I know he is truly eating and metabolism is working. It's just worrisome. I mean will I be able to tell? I mean his temp stays high 80s with 80 - 99% humidity. Is it normally a decent size? I mean I know all this stuff varies and it's hard to say. I've heard tortoises are particular about poop in their hide/burrow and try not to go In there. I dont know how true that is just wondering.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
He seems fine. I'm just like that proud parent that wants to see 'poop" so I know he is truly eating and metabolism is working. It's just worrisome. I mean will I be able to tell? I mean his temp stays high 80s with 80 - 99% humidity. Is it normally a decent size? I mean I know all this stuff varies and it's hard to say. I've heard tortoises are particular about poop in their hide/burrow and try not to go In there. I dont know how true that is just wondering.

Im sure you’ll see it when it happen and you’ll be a proud dad, this makes me remember I also had a week of worrying when I first got my sully, I was a proud dad when she finally pooped before my very eyes lol...If he eats fine, the temps are good and you soak him it should be fine! But also don’t forget he might like to eat his poopoo while you don’t watch ; )