Pomona Show:

Status
Not open for further replies.

conservation

10 Year Member!
Anyone headed out there tomorrow? I think I am going to check it out as I did not make the San Diego show. I was wondering if they are going to have any tortoise related speakers.

The problem with attending a show is I am often tempted to help support the struggling economy by purchasing a new tortoise.

Hopefully there will be a lot of interesting tortoises, not just a bunch of Ball Pythons and Crested geckos.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Pets101 said:
The problem with attending a show is I am often tempted to help support the struggling economy by purchasing a new tortoise.

Sounds so much nicer and less selfcentered, then when I just say I am going to get some tortoises because I want them. :D

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
I'll be there today. :)
I'm not planning on buy buying anymore animals (famous last words), but am excited about seeing whats out there this year and might pick up some supplies.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
mctlong said:
I'm not planning on buy buying anymore animals (famous last words), but am excited about seeing whats out there this year and might pick up some supplies.

Anybody feel like placing a bet? :D

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Jacqui said:
mctlong said:

Anybody feel like placing a bet? :D

:D

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I hope someone plans on bringing back pictures to share with all of us out-of-towners who couldn't make it! I'm going to an expo in Portland next weekend... But that's still so far away!

conservation

10 Year Member!
I have returned from the show. There were lots of Leopards, Hermann's, Sulcatas, Greeks, a few Marginated tortoises. What was really concerning, was the amount of sellers who had 3 or 4 different types of turtles and tortoise species mixed in one small cage. I saw box turtles housed with Hermann's and Greeks and so on.

One guy from Arizona had a pair of 9 inch Pardalis pardalis for sale. I did not sex them but they looked decent. There was a story attached to them otherwise I may have purchased them. I kind of regret not picking them up at this point.

I am excited to attend the Anaheim Show next month. It should have a some interesting animals.

I am sure I missed some interting stuff, as the show was packed. I would like to hear if anybody else saw or purchased anything interesting.

Stephen

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Pets101 said:
I have returned from the show. There were lots of Leopards, Hermann's, Sulcatas, Greeks, a few Marginated tortoises. What was really concerning, was the amount of sellers who had 3 or 4 different types of turtles and tortoise species mixed in one small cage. I saw box turtles housed with Hermann's and Greeks and so on.

One guy from Arizona had a pair of 9 inch Pardalis pardalis for sale. I did not sex them but they looked decent. There was a story attached to them otherwise I may have purchased them. I kind of regret not picking them up at this point.

I am excited to attend the Anaheim Show next month. It should have a some interesting animals.

I am sure I missed some interting stuff, as the show was packed. I would like to hear if anybody else saw or purchased anything interesting.

Stephen

So you escaped with out buying anything?

conservation

10 Year Member!
Was a real nice guy. I got his card some where. Let me see if I can find it.

Vegasarah

5 Year Member
If you can go to a reptile expo and come out empty handed, you are a greater man that I. I always go in saying "Im just going to look and learn! Im not actually going to buy anything!" And yet, I always do, much to the dismay of my fiance.

conservation

10 Year Member!
His name was Christian from Predators Reptile Center. He did not know who produced them. He seemed honest, but only had them for a little over a month and got them in a trade I believe.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Vegasarah said:
If you can go to a reptile expo and come out empty handed, you are a greater man that I. I always go in saying "Im just going to look and learn! Im not actually going to buy anything!" And yet, I always do, much to the dismay of my fiance.

HA! Isn't that the truth!!! In April, I went in thinking "No new animals" and walked out with a Beauty snake (though, to be fair, I was already thinking "If there's an Asian rat snake at a good price..."). In June, I went in determined to walk out with nothing but supplies, and wound up walking out with a birthday present in the form of a Schneider's Skink. Now the expo next weekend... Fortunately my dad's going to be in town for that one, so I'm making him come with. That way he can either reign me in or be my accomplice (and therefore have no right to complain). LOL!

conservation

10 Year Member!
I hear you Taylor. I have been going to shows for 21 years. I still am a kid in a candy store.

He was asking $1500.00 for the pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.