Pm problem

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Does anyone know why I couldn't send PM to certain member while pm's seem to go ok to the others? I get the message with something about the server...I am completely computer illiterate, so please excuse my ignorance. I'm trying here

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
some people may have set up 2 not receive PM's in their user profile

Prairie Mom

Agreed.

In your account settings you can click on the option to receive messages from "members" or "only people who follow you." So, obviously if someone has opted for that second setting you cannot email them if you are not "following" them and I conclude that they are a boring member!!!:p I love getting messages from less familiar folks who want to chat tortoises and gardening etc!:<3::tort::<3:

Here's another question that I have about PMs, particularly nuisance PMs: You can "leave the conversation" and opt "to no longer receive messages," but someone can always send you another separate message. If you "Ignore" a member does this prevent them from being able to message you also?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Agreed.

In your account settings you can click on the option to receive messages from "members" or "only people who follow you." So, obviously if someone has opted for that second setting you cannot email them if you are not "following" them and I conclude that they are a boring member!!!:p I love getting messages from less familiar folks who want to chat tortoises and gardening etc!:<3::tort::<3:

Here's another question that I have about PMs, particularly nuisance PMs: You can "leave the conversation" and opt "to no longer receive messages," but someone can always send you another separate message. If you "Ignore" a member does this prevent them from being able to message you also?
Interesting points.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth

We may have to test this.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Agreed.

Also, PM sent.

Prairie Mom

Also, PM sent.
Ba ha ha ha!!!! I read my "conversation" before I read this thread!!!! I seriously laughed out loud!:D Nice!

Okay, I'm now going to block my new anonymous member who happens to be 115 years old.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
sarcasm?

Prairie Mom

Okay! We tested it out!!! The answer is:

Even if you are "ignoring" a member they can still send you PMs (conversations)!

Thank you 000!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I'll try again later from a desktop. The app let's you do things that you cant otherwise do (special characters/emoji in username for example) sometimes

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Cameron (assuming it's Cameron--uh oh!!!) sent me a conversation and I'm going to test out ignoring him and see if he can still send me stuff.
I did not know ignoring him was an option :)