Plexi window installments on tote

Chasen

Location (City and/or State)
Galveston
I'm going to relocate my little one from his glass tank to a more travel-user friendly tote that he'll be living in for the next 6ish months. I would like to install a plexi glass window in the front for my viewing pleasure. What is the best method for the actually attaching? Would fish tank silicone be an option? Anyone have any suggestions for my build? Thanks all

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I'd use silicone and maybe some short, stainless bolts and nuts.
Place masking tape in the areas of plexiglass you'll be drilling. It usually keeps the plexiglas from shattering or cracking

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Why not just buy a clear tote?

Chasen

Galveston
I'd use silicone and maybe some short, stainless bolts and nuts.
Place masking tape in the areas of plexiglass you'll be drilling. It usually keeps the plexiglas from shattering or cracking
Ahh, I hadn't thought of bolting as well. Thanks for the drilling tip. I'll probably use a soldering iron as that's what I use to put holes in plastic totes.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I would like a clearer view than the clear totes provide
Gotcha, I think fish tank acrylic would give you a nice airtight seal.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
GE Silicone 1 is the best and easiest to get - any hardware store / Home Depot carries it.

Bolting in place is a good sugggestion. Use a drill bit that is designed to drill into plastic. It will keep it from cracking the plexiglass when you drill. A soldering iron would be hard to use on the plexiglass but works great for the tote plastic.

Chasen

Galveston
GE Silicone 1 is the best and easiest to get - any hardware store / Home Depot carries it.

Bolting in place is a good sugggestion. Use a drill bit that is designed to drill into plastic. It will keep it from cracking the plexiglass when you drill. A soldering iron would be hard to use on the plexiglass but works great for the tote plastic.
Thanx