Please need help badly

Momma Bear469

Location (City and/or State)
Ar
My son was given a box turtle they said. The take has only dirt in the bottom. Nothing else. The turtle lives in a fish tank that was brought with it. I have only had it for 2 months. The turtle is supposed to be like 3 years old and has lived in this dirt fish tank since they got it as a baby. I don't know why it is getting mold in the bottom of the tank right on top of the dirt. Anything helpful would be appreciated. This is my 4 year old's turtle. Thank you for any information you can give me. Yes, I am new at owning a turtle.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome!

First thing you have to do is post pictures of this turtle so we can be sure we're giving you the correct information for the right species of turtle. We can't tell you how to make improvements to your turtle's care until we're sure of the actual species. At any rate, the enclosure isn't good and need improvement. We'll help you set him up correctly once we're sure what species we're talking about.

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
Welcome to the forum! As Yvonne requested if you can post some pictures of the turtle and the tank we can help you on your path to being a happy turtle family. Let us know if you need help posting pictures here, not everyone knows how to do it.