Please Help Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bink90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have just found a yellow foot tortoise, he was turned up side down in the middle of a major road and i was almost to late to save him...the question i have is, I live in south bend Indiana, which is northern Indiana. I have learned that yellowfoots arent native around here, so im not sure if i should let him go again because i really think he was let go by another person, who had bought him because He is not afraid of ppl at all. what should I do . Please Help!!!!!
Thanks,

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Hi,
Can you post pictures of the tortoise you found? That way we can help determine what you have. :D

Danny

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
bink,
yellowfoots definitely are not native to your area. try posting some FOUND fliers in the area where you happened upon the tortoise. try posting a craigslist ad for your area. you'll want to be sure anyone who claims the tortoise can identify unique markings or can produce old photos of him.
in the meantime, put out some water and keep him warm. see if you can find some hibiscus for him too.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
As Josh suggests keep him warm and hydrated. For care checkout http://redfoots.com The care is basicaly the same. You should be able find wildfoods for him easily this time of year. Do post pictures.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You might have found a very colorful male three-toed box turtle. They sometimes have bright yellow dots on their front legs. Can you take a picture and put it up for us to see?

Yvonne

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I suspect it is an eastern, if it is a three-toed it's out of it's range and someones pet.

bink90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
well he has 5 so yea....ill post some pics

Status
Not open for further replies.