Please help (found a sulcata)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is a sulcata tortoise. Not native of course, so please try to find its home, check on
Craigs list, call local vets and animal rescues to let them know you have a tortoise you found. In the mean time be sure there is water for him to drink if it's cold at all, below 65-70 with no day time warm up, please keep him warm and let him eat the weeds and grasses and you can feed him grocery greens too.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
That is a sulcata tortoise. Not native of course, so please try to find its home, check on
Craigs list, call local vets and animal rescues to let them know you have a tortoise you found. In the mean time be sure there is water for him to drink if it's cold at all, below 65-70 with no day time warm up, please keep him warm and let him eat the weeds and grasses and you can feed him grocery greens too.
Thank you I never know who to tag :)

Scott7601

Ok. Thanks. I'll try that. I checked the houses around me. No claimed it. So not sure how far he has wandered

Robertchrisroph

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Ukiah Ca.
Yes please try and find the owner. If he was mine I would be going crazy trying to find him. So look on poles in the neibor hood. I'm sure someone is looking for him. Thank you for helping him.

Scott7601

The only reason I found it was my dog was going crazy in the back yard. I looked over the fence to see what was causing it and there the tortoise was sunning itself by the fence. I don't know much about them but I could tell it wasn't from this area

Heather H

N.E. ohio
What will you do if you can't find the owner? If you go under species specific, go under Africa, you can learn lots .

Last edited: