Platynota Fever!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I have a feeling that you and I are going to become friends in the next few years. :)

Awesome species. Are these yours now? Very nice group.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Only 7? I'm kidding. They're gorgeous!
Congrats.

Your right I do need a few more. I'm saving up for some more. They cost a pretty dollar that's for sure, but are worth every cent. However I'm not sure if I should get more Burmese or another species I've been eyeing for some time now. The hardest part of all is convincing my girl.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
However I'm not sure if I should get more Burmese or another species I've been eyeing for some time now.

This is always my dilemma too. I really want to get into Galops, Western Hermanni, and Radiata, but I already have so much on my plate... I've decided to concentrate on what I already have and wait for more free time to materialize before I add any more work for myself.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
This is always my dilemma too. I really want to get into Galops, Western Hermanni, and Radiata, but I already have so much on my plate... I've decided to concentrate on what I already have and wait for more free time to materialize before I add any more work for myself.

You read my mind Tom. Galops, radiated, and Pyxis planicauda are all on my wish list. The problem I see with waiting a few years to get some of these is that I fell like it's time wasted. In the sense that if I had acquired them a decade ago most of them would be that much closer to breeding age.

However I think I'm going to just focus on the species I have for now for the time being. I don't know how long I can hold off from getting those planicaudas though.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The problem I see with waiting a few years to get some of these is that I fell like it's time wasted. In the sense that if I had acquired them a decade ago most of them would be that much closer to breeding age.

We are on the same page my friend. The exact same page.

I am slowly working to ward a sort of semi-early retirement. I am developing several strategies for this right now. If any one of these strategies works out well I will be sitting pretty. If multiple strategies work out the way I think they will, I will be golden, and the second half of my life can be devoted to all out tortoise farming.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Are you going to raise these up to breed? How long is that likely to take?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Are you going to raise these up to breed? How long is that likely to take?

Yes I do. Hopefully within a decade or so they should be breeding if all goes well. I'll try to post every now and then on their progress. From my observations they grow quicker than indian stars.