Plastron scutes lifting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Island_of_Misfit_Toys

5 Year Member
I've noticed this last night. It looks as though the scutes are peeling up. Not sure how to explain it. Hope the pictures help...

Isis1.jpg

Isis2.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is, what caused it, and how to fix it? I have noticed that she has been soaking in her water bowl a lot more recently. Thanks!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I apologize, I do not see anything wrong---the pics are a bit blurry to my ole eyes....but I squinted really hard and increased the brightness as much as I could and I do not see anything wrong???

Maybe someone with bionic vision will come along and see something other than what I do... :p

Weda737

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
Do you use belly heat? If you do, she may have gotten burned... unfortunately I had a ball python do this, I was using a perfectly safe heating pad but something just went wrong, she had used it for years with no problems, anyway, she never was a soaker, but when I saw her curled up in the water bowl, that's what had happened. She was burned. I don't know with torts though, just a thought. I can't really see anything wrong in the pic myself. But good luck to you and keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.