plants in enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMA-tortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
So i have just built an outdoor enclosure and am wondering about a few things, i have planted a hosta and a have puts a patch of grass that has clovers mixed in it im thinking about getting some dandelion seeds.

the question is do you think this is enough foor for him to graze on or should i bring him inside and feed him a salad or somthing or is the plants and grass in the outdoor encloser good enough please give me your thoughts!.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Welcome to the forum MMA_Tortoise, I don't know how big your Herman is but variety is the key. The more variety your shelled one gets the healthier it will be. You are off to a good start with the plants you have planted but you may want to consider growing others just to add to it. They could be grown outside the enclosure and just placed inside for a more varied diet. Things like rose petals and leafs, hibiscus leafs and flowers, grape leafs, strawberry leafs, Mulberry tree leafs, spider plants, Jade plant, wandering jew, Geranium (not ivy geranium) most succulents, cactus, etc.

MMA-tortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
Welcome to the forum MMA_Tortoise, I don't know how big your Herman is but variety is the key. The more variety your shelled one gets the healthier it will be. You are off to a good start with the plants you have planted but you may want to consider growing others just to add to it. They could be grown outside the enclosure and just placed inside for a more varied diet. Things like rose petals and leafs, hibiscus leafs and flowers, grape leafs, strawberry leafs, Mulberry tree leafs, spider plants, Jade plant, wandering jew, Geranium (not ivy geranium) most succulents, cactus, etc.

hes 1.5 years old and the same size as my pinky finger maybe a little smaller will him being small effect the stuff that he can eat

Status
Not open for further replies.