Planting grasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

shbrehob

5 Year Member
When purchasing some of the grass mixes from Carolina Pet Supply when is to best time of year to toss the seed? I live in Ohio. This is my first post, thanks

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hello and welcome to TFO, I live in zone 7 and getting ready to plant some seeds this week. I am not sure what seeds are in the mix you have but I would try some now and some a little later to see what happens.I even planted several different types of lettuce plants from wal mart today, I have to put them in hanging pots because we have yard rabbits and they wouldn't last but a couple days on the ground. Len

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi shbrehob:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

I usually plant my grass-type seeds when the earth/soil has warmed up to about 50F degrees.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Welcome, you can plant them after this cold season. They will be nice and grown by summer.

shbrehob

5 Year Member
Thanks gang. I actually work for the Columbus Zoo in Ohio. We are developing a area in our Animal Encounters Village called Tortoise WalkAbout. We will have different species of tortoises roaming in a yard are in which at certain times of the day the guess can walk in and interact with them. The plan is to plant some of these grasses up against the fence area to give them grazing area. So I appreciate the answers. Oh, as to what to call me, my name is Shawn and I glad to be a part of this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.