Plant ID Edible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Yesterday Humphrey was munching on this weed and I am not sure what it is. At first it looked like a volunteer Texas sage, same color, leaves similar. But I'm not sure. He definitely liked it.

Attachments

• plant.ID..JPG
    plant.ID..JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 34

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Laura I just went out and smelled it and to me it doesn't have much fragrance. Then I smelled a (known) sage bush in the yard and it doesn't have much smell to me either, or at least not like the herb in a jar.

Jenn, it looks somewhat like the picture and somewhat like my other Texas sage bush, but not exactly. May be another species of a sage bush. It is right below the bird feeder so perhaps a bird brought it in since it's not located even close to my other sage bush. Usually the quail get all the seeds from the ground so they don't usually ever sprout. But if it was in their poop, well.....possible. Good to know it is edible because there are two huge Texas sage bushes where I want my ultimate tortoise enclosure outside.

I was hoping it might be something that is edible that I could replant in Humphreys small outdoor enclosure. He hasn't gotten sick from eating it so im guessing it is edible.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.