pictures of Godfrey

Godfrey's Mom

Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
A nice warm day in Ohio! Some pics of Godfrey coveting my neighbors lawn and playing hide and seek with the cat. He has been full throttle all day! We do go for walks around the block in my quiet town. Today 6 people stopped to visit him, and two took pictures. I suppose i do look corny walking a tortoise. I use a snow shovel the steer him if he starts to head in a dangerous direction. He really likes walking on different textures and we have gravel, pebbles, concrete, grass and blacktop all in the same area. He is a good walker, I am surprised.He found a batch of fallen buckeye leaves today and really enjoyed crunching them with his feet.
gof1.jpg gof2.jpg gof3.jpg gof4.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cute. Just be careful with letting him eat stuff you don't know if it's been treated. I think you need to do a vid of his walks. Like the guy in Japan or China, i can't remember for sure, but he walks his Sulcatas every day around the block. It takes him an hour or so. He brings water and treats with him for the torts walks. The treats and water are for the tort. Pretty slow moving, but the guy seems very patient.

Godfrey's Mom

NE Ohio
Hi, I am in NE Ohio, south of Youngstown.

He doesn't munch too much on his walks, i think he is far to curious about what he is doing/investigating. He doesn't stop, there is no pause, unless i take a break and give him a piece apple (his absolute favorite) or he spots a yellow dandelion flower. I don't know if it's because he is a male and it's a breeding time of year, or just him, but he wears me out.

I can count on our walks taking 2-3 hours. I am quite patient with him, and geographically we don't go far. It's kind of fun to experience what catches his eye, He can be quite adamant when something tweaks his brain. He just keeps going. And, of course people just find him adorable.